FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Occupy Salt Lake to host #OccupyThanksgiving Potluck Dinner on Thursday, November 23, 2011 at One World Cafe in conjuction with a Gratitude March to and from our current 24-hour location at West Gallivan Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. We welcome anyone in the community who would like to share a meal with the rest of the 99% to join in the festivities throughout the day. Positive attitudes, curiosity and constructive conversation are always welcome. Bring something to share with the community if you wish to do so.
One World Cafe has generously donated use of their kitchen to prepare potluck options to share dinner and sitting space with the community on Thursday afternoon. One World Cafe will be functioning as Occupy Salt Lake’s community kitchen until further notice. Anyone wishing to donate natural, organic food to the Occupy movement can bring donations to One World Cafe. One World Everybody Eats (OWEE) is a cafe and nonprofit community kitchen based in Salt Lake City, Utah. Its motto is “a hand up, not a hand out.” The community kitchen concept is similar to that of a soup kitchen, but incorporates volunteer and common-effort aspects closer to those of a community garden. The restaurant has sliding scale pricing during normal operating hours but our dinner will be offered for FREE. Donations to #OccupySLC are always welcome or donate to One World Everybody Eats, here.
If you have ever been curious about your local Occupy Salt Lake movement, this is a wonderful open-house for you to learn more.
The schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday, 3pm, One World Cafe (of One World Everybody Eats Foundation, a 501c3) – Food Preparation and accepting donations of food, time and solidarity.
- Wednesday, 6pm, General Assembly at One World Cafe.
- Thursday, 9am, Food Preparation at One World Cafe
- Thursday, 12 noon, meet at Gallivan Plaza for music, activities and sign making.
- Thursday, 2pm, Gratitude March to One World Cafe
- Thursday, 2pm – 4pm, #OccupyThanksgiving Dinner at One World Cafe
- Thursday, 4pm, Gratitude March back to Gallivan Plaza
- Thursday, 4pm until ? – More music and activities at #occupySLC at the Gallivan Center
Love, Hope and Solidarity,
Occupy Salt Lake