Reality: GEORGE BUSH’S POLICIES DID NOT PROTECT US FROM TERRORISM.
A list of the numerous domestic terrorism attacks that took place under his watch is below.
I’m not a fan of the unacceptable TSA groping of passengers at airports or the new body scanners, especially since I’ll be traveling home for the holidays — but I also don’t want to get on a flight without any checks at all.
Ann Coulter thinks terrorists all look alike and can therefore be profiled — removing the need for scanning and pat-downs. She’ll probably be perturbed to know most of the people on the list below were WHITE. Tim McVeigh was White, a religious extremest — and a terrorist. Reminds me of a lyric in one of my favorite Sole songs, Plutonium: “Look out for the white girl suicide bomber.” Hopefully I’m not on a flight with Coulter any time soon. Her absurd takes on reality scare me more than an anonymous stranger who looks different from me.
Domestic Terrorism under George W. Bush’s watch 2001-2008 (after 9/11, obviously):
• July 27, 2008 – Jim David Adkisson shoots two persons in a Unitarian Church because he hated liberals
• May 5, 2008 – Pipe Bomb detonated outside Federal Courthouse in San Diego
• March 7th, 2008 – Bomb detonated at Times Square Recruiting center in NY.
• December 6, 2007: Chad Altman and Sergio Baca were arrested for the arson of Dr. Curtis Boyd’s clinic in Albuquerque.
• May 9, 2007: Unidentified person deliberately set fire to a Planned Parenthood clinic in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
• April 25, 2007: A package left at a women’s health clinic in Austin, Texas contained an explosive device capable of inflicting serious injury or death.
• April 16, 2007 – Terrorism? Virginia Tech Shootings.
• September 13, 2006 David McMenemy crashed his car into the Edgerton Women’s Care Center in Davenport, Iowa. He then doused the lobby in gasoline and then started a fire. McMenemy committed these acts in the belief that the center was performing abortions, however Edgerton is not an abortion clinc.
• March 2006 – Mohammed Reza Taheri-azar, an Iranian-born graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, drives an SUV onto a crowded part of campus, injuring nine.
• December 12, 2005: Patricia Hughes and Jeremy Dunahoe threw a Molotov cocktail at a clinic in Shreveport, Louisiana.
• July 4, 2005: A clinic Palm Beach, Florida was the target of an arson.
• October 1, 2005 – Joel Henry Hinrichs III detonated a bomb near the packed football stadium at the University of Oklahoma in Norman, Oklahoma killing himself in the process.
• October 2002 – John Allen Muhammad and Lee Boyd Malvo conduct the Beltway Sniper Attacks
• July 4, 2002 – An Egyptian gunman opens fire at an El Al ticket counter in Los Angeles International Airport, killing two Israelis before being killed himself.
• May 2002: Luke Helder injures 6 by placing pipebombs in mailboxes in the Midwest.
• January 5, 2002 – 15yo Charles Bishop, expressing sympathy for bin Laden, crashes his Cessna into a Tampa Florida Skyscraper
• June 11, 2001: Tacoma, Washington bombing destroys a Clinic Wall
• December 12, 2001 – Jewish Defense League plot by Chairman Irv Rubin and follower Earl Krugel to blow up the King Fahd Mosque in Culver City, California, and the office of Lebanese-American Rep. Darrell Issa, foiled.
• December 22, 2001 – Richard Reid attempts to bomb flight 63
• November 2001 – Clayton Waagner mails powder-laden envelopes to 550+ Clinics, is convicted on 51 counts in 2003.
• September 2001 through November 2001 – 5 People Killed, 17 Infected by Anthrax laden letters, $250million spent cleaning up postal facilities.
Sole-Plutonium (Listen here.)
…how can i not be negative?
my own cliche, my would-be peers
more caught up with image than speaking than truth,
and if that’s the only truth you can come up with, go fake some bravery
like the rented camaraderie in the human lottery.
whatever year it is, i’m still sick.
can’t hate the sky for being gray
or the bad poem that we live out every day.
twenty minutes outside the city, or fifteen years from over the hill,
with enough time to kill braincells to fry;
you all gonna fry with me.
it must be, you all gonna fry with me…
We who die in more flying accidents than firefights;
no cure of the overkill.
Forty year-old women with cakes and carriages singing bible hymns
ain’t fixing anything; get your picket signs,
go on strike, get a five cent raise; you’re a champion. now
they’re making model citizens out of your children,
mapping personal growth through frivolousness; so separated,
yet drugged up to nowhere-land. even love feels artificial;
happiness, my loaded pistol.
in the ’20s, i’da been a socialist in a colorado coal mine,
but it’s 2000-something and the rats love their mazes.
it’s all so ethno-specific and opinionated,
divided we take our antidepressants and make our appointments,
let the dolphins die, but who’s gonna save the humans?
i’ve been to a million cities and they’re all the same:
people laugh and talk the same,
girls all flirt the same, employees all dream the same.
love your grid and your comfort zone,
look out for the white-girl suicide bombers,
look out for your time or your piece of mind
or entertainment above the fifth grade level.
stay ignorant and easily corralled through conservative reforms
’til we’re broke from the half-measures,
taxed to the teeth to fund the caste system.
living it up for our stereotypes
and i know nothing, but at least i know;
while they vote green and drink their espressos,
discussing film festivals, all as a write-off. off with your head;
body loves the dirty work,
love your job, but it will never love you like an automobile,
fetuses, peoples, and angels hang the same on the mobile.
if it wasn’t for the blindfold, you’d ask,
“what am i looking for, living for, breathing for?”
“who’s them? not i, but it must be the plutonium in me.”